Our investment criteria reflect our philosophy of partnering with management teams to create shareholder value by actively supporting their vision in pursuit of aggressive and well-developed growth plans. Unlike some private equity firms, Onni Capital takes a more long-term approach to each investment opportunity with the view of determining how it fits within the overall group.
Types of Transaction
- Management Buy-Outs – Onni Capital is willing to participate as a majority equity participant with a management team in situations where the principal shareholder decides to exit the business.
- Recapitalizations – In situations where the principal shareholder/owner is considering the sale of a partial amount of their holdings for tax/estate planning purposes.
- Divestitures of Non-Core Operations – Where an enterprise has determined that a business unit is “non-core”, Onni Capital is interested in partnering with the existing management team to allow for a successful divestiture.
- Shareholder Buy-Outs – Onni Capital is willing to participate in transactions where an existing shareholder, possibly a financial investor, requires liquidity.
- Consolidations of Fragmented Industries – Onni Capital is interested in situations where a company has identified a number of acquisition opportunities and is looking for a financial partner to execute on its consolidation strategy.
- Take Privates & LBO’s
- Venture Funding – Onni provides venture capital funding to technology focused entrepreneurs. Click here to learn more
Onni Capital believes that the most important characteristic of an acquisition is not the size of the original transaction, but rather the potential that exists for the business to expand profitably through internal and external growth. Acquisition candidates should have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Annual revenues of between $10 million – $100 million and sustainable EBITDA of between $2.5 million and $50 million (or approaching these levels);
- Established business with a profitable track record, history of stable cash flows and recurring revenues stemming from long-term customer relationships;
- Strong management teams with a record of performance and that are willing to partner with Onni Capital;
- Sustainable competitive advantage in an attractive industry that has good growth potential;
- Prefer businesses with a diversified supplier and customer base.
We will consider investments across most industries & are not restricted geographically, though our preference is for Canadian or US based investments.
For investment opportunities please contact email@example.com.